I went through my pantry and freezer and thought it was time to do a little spring cleaning. I decided to make ravioli and filled them with the duck confit I had in the freezer, along with ricotta cheese, Pecorino cheese, cider, apples, morel mushrooms and tarragon.
I ended up making two large batches of the homemade pasta: one vegetarian and one with the shredded duck inside. My preference leans toward the meat version, but my husband Lulu who’s a vegetarian enjoyed the other version as much as I did!
1. Info for Duck Confit and Morel Mushroom Ravioli Filling Recipe
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Total Time: 60 mins
- Servings: 6
- Calories: 320 kcal
2. Ingredients for Duck Confit and Morel Mushroom Ravioli Filling Recipe
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup semolina flour
- 1 whole egg, at room temperature
- ½ teaspoon granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1½ teaspoons fresh tarragon, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper, freshly cracked
- ¼ ounce dried morel mushrooms
- 1 duck leg confit (optional if vegetarian), shredded
- ½ Red Delicious apple, diced
- ¾ cup apple cider
- 6 ounces ricotta cheese, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons Pecorino cheese, grated
- ½ yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- Prepping the dried morel mushrooms: Put the dried mushrooms in a small bowl and pour a scant cup of room temperature water over them. Soak until softened for at least 3 hours. Remove the mushrooms, straining the soaking liquid through a fine-mesh and setting the liquid aside. Rinse the mushrooms in several water baths and finely chop. Set aside.
- Dried morel mushrooms.