We’re still in Paris and I’ve been feeling a little lazy as our vacation winds down. Maybe it’s a subconscious awareness that we’re about to go back to the daily grind. Still, we need to eat, and these cheese appetizers literally take about 10 minutes to assemble. This gives me plenty of time to do, well, other things.
I stacked cheese and sesame crackers, Rocamadour (goat) cheese, store-bought cherry preserves and sun-dried tomatoes into these little bites. They are so delicious, my husband Lulu could eat them by the dozen while waiting for dinner to be served.
The sweetness from the preserves and creaminess from the cheese pair wonderfully. You could make small variations using other chutneys or relishes as well.
1. Info for Easy Cheese Appetizer Recipe
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 50 mins
- Servings: 24
- Calories: 250Kcal
2. Ingredients for Easy Cheese Appetizer Recipe
- 24 sesame savory crackers, store-bought
- 4 pieces Rocamadour cheese (see tips), at room temperature
- 1 small jar cherry thyme preserves, store-bought
- 1 tablespoon sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil, chopped
- 1 teaspoon parsley, finely chopped
- Cut each cheese into 6 equal pieces.
- On a serving platter, place the sesame crackers.
- Place a little mound of cherry preserves, using a butter knife. Top with a piece a cheese and the sun-dried-tomatoes.
- Repeat until the cheese is used.
- Garnish with parsley.
- Bon appétit!
4. Tips and advices:
- According to Wikipedia, Rocamadour is a French goat cheese from the regions of Périgord and Quercy. It takes its name from the commune of Rocamadour in the département of Lot. You could replace it with any other soft goat milk cheeses.
- You could replace the cherry preserves with other jams or chutneys (such as kiwi chutney or cherry chutney).