We grilled a lot of meat and vegetables yesterday, but the star of the show was grilled corn. It was so sweet! We had several with salt and just a touch of butter, but I also made a rub of lime zest, lime juice, red chili flakes, garlic and caramelized onions to balance and enhance the sweetness.
We’re not very good about making use of our grill during the summer, but after today the whole family has been inspired to prepare barbecues more regularly. Hope everyone had a great 4th!
1. Info for Grilled Corn on the Cob (Chili Lime Corn Recipe)
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: 8
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Grilled Corn on the Cob (Chili Lime Corn Recipe)
- 8 ears corn
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 clove fresh garlic, peeled and finely minced
- 1½ teaspoons red chili flakes
- 2 limes, zested and freshly squeezed
- Frying the onion: In a large nonstick pan, heat the oil over high heat. Add the onion in 1 single layer and fry until golden brown for approximately 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for an additional minute. Transfer them to a small bowl with the oil.
- Preparing the corn: Husk the corn ears. Brush the corn with the onion oil mixture, using a silicone brush. Sprinkle with salt.
- Place the corn directly on the hot grill. Cook over medium heat until you get grill marks (about 2 minutes on all sides, about 10 minutes total), turning the corn frequently (count every minute for even cooking) and brushing frequently with more onion flavored oil mixture until cooked through. The corn niblets should blacken slightly. Remove from the grill. Top with a little caramelized onion mixture with as little oil as possible. Sprinkle with red chili flakes and drizzle with lime zest and juice.
- Let cool a little and serve with lime wedges.
- Bon appétit!