I prepared lobster over the weekend because I wanted to cook something gourmet in honor of Bastille Day (the French equivalent of Independence day, but on July 14th). It’s not a traditional thing to serve in France for Bastille Day, but it was a great excuse to make good use of our barbecue grill and cook up some seafood.
The dish is ultra easy. I simply grilled halved lobsters and garnished them with tarragon, chives, garlic and lemon, then drizzled them with truffle oil. It was almost too sinful to eat, but somehow I managed to find the strength!
1. Info for Grilled Lobster Tail Recipe
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: 2
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Grilled Lobster Tail Recipe
- 4 lobster tails
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove pickled garlic, finely minced
- ¼ cup curly parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chives, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 2 lemons, zested and freshly squeezed
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, freshly cracked
- 2 tablespoons white truffle oil, + extra for drizzling
- 3 cups arugula
- In a small sauce pan, heat the oil, then add the shallots. Cook for 3 minutes until lightly golden.
- In a mortar and pestle, combine salt, lemon juice, lemon zest, garlic and the fresh herbs. Grind until you have a coarse paste. Add the shallots. Stir well.
- Clean the lobsters; brush and rinse thoroughly. Using kitchen shears, cut the lobster tails in half, lengthwise. Pat dry using a paper towel. Insert 2 toothpicks per tail into the meat. Brush with oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat your barbecue grill. Brush the grill with a thin layer of oil. Place the lobster tails on the grill and cook for 4-5 minutes until seared on one side. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, then flip the tails and cook on the other side. Add about 2 teaspoons herb mixture onto the meat; cover with foil and cook for 4 more minutes.
- Add the truffle oil to the remaining herb mixture and garnish the lobsters with it. Serve on a bed of arugula. Bon appétit!