This drink is made with mango purée, orange juice and a banana. The banana gives a smooth texture to the drink; cooked mung beans add protein and tie the flavors together.
I’ve read that eating breakfast is one of the keys to successfully losing weight. Since I’ve been waking up at the wee hours of the morning to work out for 45 minutes before starting the day, I want to stack the deck in my favor. A protein shake is the perfect choice for me because I’m not very big on breakfast (unless it’s crêpes!).
1. Info for Natural Protein Shake Recipe (Smoothie)
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: 6
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Natural Protein Shake Recipe (Smoothie)
- 3½ ounces cooked mung beans
- 3 bananas
- 4 cups Greek yogurt
- 1½ cups orange juice, freshly squeezed
- 1½ cups mango pulp (see tips)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Combine the mung beans, bananas, yogurt, orange juice and ice cubes in a blender. Blend all the ingredients for about 2 minutes. While the mixture is blending, add vanilla extract. The consistency of the shake should be smooth and on the thin side.
- Pour into 6 small glasses. Finish with little umbrella for decoration.