This recipe is for the ones who love the good old combination of peanut butter and banana, but with fewer calories. As I’ve said in the past, I always try to find ways to ensure that my husband Lulu, who is a vegetarian, has enough nutrition in his diet. He’s also been exercising regularly lately, so I figured a healthy treat was in order.
I made banana milk that is vegan (Lulu’s lactose intolerant too!). The drink is a blend of bananas, soy milk, peanut butter, cinnamon, whey protein and vanilla extract. It’s a delicious way to start the day with healthy servings of potassium and protein, which is great for a vegetarian diet. Best of all, Lulu loves it! And if you like this drink, I’ll post more whey protein-enhanced beverages soon.
1. Info for Peanut Butter Banana Milk Drink Recipe
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: 4
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Peanut Butter Banana Milk Drink Recipe
- 3 tablespoons whey protein powder
- 3 bananas
- 3 cups sweetened soy milk
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly grated cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon banana extract (optional)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons crushed peanuts, for garnish
- Combine the bananas, milk, peanut butter and whey protein in a blender. Blend all the ingredients for about 2 minutes. While the mixture is blending, add cinnamon, banana extract (if used) and vanilla extract. The consistency of the drink should be smooth and creamy.
- Pour into 4 tall glasses.
- Place the crushed peanuts on a small plate. Cut 4 slices of banana. Coat them in crushed peanuts.
- Finish with the peanut-coated slices of banana for decoration if you like (place on the rim of the glass)