Pommes à l’Anglaise is just a fancy name for boiled potatoes. Once the potatoes were cooked, I coated them in pistachio radish pesto (I still had more radish greens in our garden) and softened the spicy flavor of the greens with yogurt.
The preparation is super easy, and this dish will go fast!
1. Info for Pommes Anglaise: Pesto Potato Salad Recipe
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 1 hr 20 mins
- Servings: 6
- Calories: 187 kcal
2. Ingredients for Pommes Anglaise: Pesto Potato Salad Recipe
- 2½ pounds Dutch Yellow baby potatoes
- 1 cup radish greens
- ¾ cup curly parsley
- ¼ cup unsalted roasted pistachios, coarsely crushed
- ¼ cup red onion, chopped
- 2 cloves pickled garlic (or fresh garlic), finely minced
- 1 lemon, freshly squeezed
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1¼ cups plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper, freshly cracked
- For the pesto: Blanch (dip for 10 seconds in boiling, salted water then transfer to an ice-cold bath) the radish leaves and ½ cup parsley, drain, pat dry on a paper towel and roughly chop. In a mini-food processor or mini-blender, combine the greens, pickled garlic, pistachios and lemon juice. Pulse and slowly add the olive oil until it becomes a smooth paste. Add about 2 tablespoons (or more) of water if necessary, for a smoother flow. Season with salt and pepper.
- For the yogurt: In a large colander, place the yogurt in a double-layered cheese cloth. Wrap it and make a knot at the tip and suspend it over the colander using chopsticks. The colander is not essential but is quite convenient if the knot breaks, so you can gather the yogurt again in the cheese cloth without starting over. Let it sit for about an hour. Drain as much whey as possible. Boiling the potatoes: Wash the potatoes. Place them in a pot; fill it with cold water until the potatoes are barely covered. Bring to a boil; add salt and reduce the heat to medium-high. As soon as the water boils, cook for 20 minutes until slightly tender but still firm. Drain the potatoes and let them cool a little. Season with salt. Add the pesto. Toss until well coated.
- Assembly time: When you’re ready to serve, add red onions and yogurt. Mix well and garnish with more parsley.
- Bon appétit!