Here’s a recipe for a delicious, inexpensive and healthy dish. I prepared a simple cauliflower salad with two entire heads of cauliflower. The wow factor resides in its delicious salad dressing; I made it with roasted bell pepper, which gave a warm and inviting tone to the dish. Additionally, I used pine nuts for extra creaminess and a more complete protein source.
Stay tuned and check out what I pair the red cauliflower salad with tomorrow. If you like meat, I promise you won’t be disappointed!
1. Info for Cauliflower Salad with Roasted Bell Pepper Dressing
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: 8
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Cauliflower Salad with Roasted Bell Pepper Dressing
- 2 heads cauliflower
- ¼ cup regular white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 6 tablespoons champagne vinegar (or any white wine vinegar)
- 1 lemon, freshly squeezed
- 1½ tablespoons honey, to taste
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil (or canola oil), to taste
- ¼ cup lightly toasted pine nuts
- 1 roasted red bell pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground coriander (optional) , freshly ground
- 1 tablespoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- ¼ cup Italian parsley (leaves and stems), finely chopped
- To cut the head of the cauliflowers into florets more easily, remove and discard the green leaves and the stem.
- Place the stemmed cauliflowers in a large bowl, cover them with water and add the white vinegar. Stir well. Soak (see tips) for 5 minutes, then drain.
- Fill a pot with cold salted water and bring to a boil. Add the whole cauliflowers, bring back to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium-low. Cook for about 20 minutes. The cauliflower should be fork-tender (not mushy). Drain the water. Season with 1 teaspoon of salt and ¼ teaspoon of pepper. Allow to cool a little.
- Once the cauliflowers are cool enough to handle, cut into wedges from the bottom. Pull and separate the small florets.
- In a blender, combine the mustard, champagne vinegar, roasted bell pepper, pine nuts, lemon juice, honey, ground coriander (if used) and extra-virgin olive oil. Blend until smooth. Season with salt.
- In a large serving bowl, combine the cauliflower and parsley. Toss well. Drizzle with the salad dressing. Toss one more time. Let sit for 30 minutes before serving.
- Serve warm or cold.
- Bon appétit!