When I look back at my New Year’s resolutions, you know, those lies we tell ourselves at the beginning of each year, I realize that I haven’t made good on my resolution to use our juicer more. I think the only time I used it this year was to make plum juice for a tofu recipe.
My other resolution has gone pretty well. I started this food website on January 1st of this year as our way of keeping track of what we eat and helping the girls have easy access to my recipes when they want to make them on their own. I thought it would help me be more mindful of my family’s diet and maybe lose weight. It seemed like a great way to add some discipline to my life.
There are fewer than 90 days left in , so today I decided to break out the juicer and make us some juice. I recently bought a lot of carrots, celery and Fuji apples. All three are perfect for juicing. I combined them in the juicer, and I threw in a touch of ginger to give it a little zing. It tastes delicious and makes a great breakfast.
So clearly I’m not on my way to becoming the next Jack Lalanne, but at least I’ve made good on another resolution. Now if I could just figure out how to lose 5 pounds before our 5-year-anniversary trip to Cancun at the end of the month…
1. Info for Fresh Ginger Apple Celery Carrot Juice
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: 2
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Fresh Ginger Apple Celery Carrot Juice
- 5 pounds carrots
- 1 (3-inch) chunk fresh ginger
- 3 celery stalks
- 2 Fuji apples, unpeeled
- 2 teaspoons raw honey (optional)
- 1 Meyer lemon, freshly squeezed
- Peel the carrots. Trim the ends. Set aside.
- Clean the ginger, carefully removing any dirt. Peel it and set aside.
- In a home juicing machine, combine the carrots, ginger, celery and apples. Add lemon juice.
- Stir well and drink immediately.