My hubby is feeling a little under the weather today. I wanted to give him some comfort food. Risotto is one of his favorite dishes; I make it very often when it’s cold. It’s very creamy, cozy and hearty. The basics of the risotto is always the same, typically you’ll add 2 to 3 ingredients to the base to create your own signature risotto.
1. Info for Garlic Cremini Mushroom Risotto
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: 6
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Garlic Cremini Mushroom Risotto
- 3 tsp olive oil
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 3 tsp garlic, finely chopped
- 1 whole shallot, finely chopped
- 4 whole garlic cloves, halved
- 1 cup melon-seed-shaped pasta
- 2 cups arborio rice
- 6 3/4 cups low sodium vegetable broth, warm
- 1 tsp fleur de sel
- 2 tsp mushroom powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup aged yellow cheddar, shredded
- 1/4 cup romano cheese, thinly shaved
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese, + extra, to taste and for garnish
- 8 oz cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tsp white peppercorns, freshly ground
- 3 Tbsp curly parsley, roughly chopped, for garnish
- 1 Tbsp Truffle oil
- In a deep saucepan, get garlic cloves golden in oil. Transfer the cloves on a plate and set aside. In the same saucepan, add shallot, stir until light golden, then saute the mushrooms for about 3 minutes. Add a teaspoon of salt and a tablespoon of parsley. Remove from the heat and transfer to the same plate with the garlic cloves.
- In the same saucepan, add 3 tablespoons of butter and wait until it bubbles. Add the garlic until light golden, then add the pasta and rice. The butter should coat all the grains. Pour 1 cup of broth and stir constantly.
- After bringing the liquid to a boil, add garlic powder and cheddar then lower the heat to medium low for about 15 to 20 minutes. Season with salt. Check the liquid and periodically add 1/4 cup of stock when all the liquid is absorbed. Let simmer for another 15 minutes.
- When rice is almost cooked, add mushrooms and parmesan cheese and remaining butter. Adjust seasonning with salt and pepper.
- Spray some truffle oil and sprinkle parsley and more parmesan before serving.
- Bon appétit!