Here’s another Meatless Monday recipe for the beginning of the week. I wanted to feature a flavorful yet healthy one, so I prepared a baby kale salad with pomegranate dressing. I also added shredded carrots and spiced pecans for extra crunch and nutrition. And to reinforce the tart and sour taste of this salad, I also added dried cranberries.
I think you’ve probably noticed my recent love for all things pomegranate. I prepared the dressing with freshly squeezed pomegranate juice, a little mustard, agave nectar and flax seed oil to complete the delicious vinaigrette. Et voilà!
1. Info for Kale Salad with Pomegranate Dressing
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: 6
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Kale Salad with Pomegranate Dressing
- 2½ pounds fresh baby kale leaves
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 6 ounces French feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 large carrot, peeled and shredded
- 2½ tablespoons superfine sugar (or granulated sugar)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 pomegranate, juiced
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 clove pickled garlic, finely minced
- 2½ tablespoons agave nectar
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons flax seed oil
- ½ cup spicy candied pecans, coarsely chopped
- ½ teaspoon white pepper, freshly ground
- Prepping the kale: Wash the raw kale thoroughly in several baths. Remove and discard any fibrous and older parts of the stems. Sprinkle with a bit of salt. Toss well.
- In a mini blender (or a regular blender if you don’t have a mini), combine the mustard, agave nectar, pomegranate juice and pickled garlic. Blend until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Add the extra-virgin olive oil and flax seed oil and briefly pulse 2-3 times.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the dressing, carrot and kale. Massage and toss well until well coated. Top with feta cheese, dried cranberries and spiced nuts.
- Serve at room temperature.
- Bon appétit!