I prepared my matcha green tea latte with the same procedure one would use for making white hot chocolate. The drink is made with a blend of lightly sweetened matcha green tea, white chocolate, steamed milk and heavy cream. You wouldn’t want to drink this every day, but that’s what holiday treats are all about!
This recipe can be modified to feature many different seasonal flavors. Peppermint, cinnamon and other spices come to mind. You don’t have to go to the local coffee shop to enjoy holiday specials anymore; be your own barista and save the change for stocking stuffers.
1. Info for Matcha Green Tea Latte
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: 6
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Matcha Green Tea Latte
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1-1/2 cups white baking chocolate (8 ounces), finely chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup espresso coffee (optional)
- 1-1/2 tablespoons matcha green tea powder
- For the green tea milk: Finely chop the white chocolate using a sharp chef’s knife. Heat the heavy cream and milk in a saucepan. Bring it to a near boil. Turn off the heat immediately and quickly add the finely chopped white chocolate. Stir until everything is melted. Add the vanilla extract. Pour the hot liquid into another pot previously filled with the matcha green tea powder. Stir well. For the cappuccino frothing: Measure about 1-1/2 cups of the green tea milk. Froth the milk. If you don’t own a cappuccino maker or frothing attachment to your espresso maker, check out the tip section .