What’s the cure for a chilly Fall afternoon? A pumpkin spice latte. I decided to make some today because the girls have the week off from school and they really wanted to cook. They wanted to make a pumpkin pie, but I thought it would be fun to take our pumpkin pie recipe and turn it into a drink.
I’ve had pumpkin spice lattes in the past that really only have nutmeg and cinnamon. I made ours with real pumpkin purée, and I sweetened the latte with condensed milk, as I do for cà phê sữa nóng (Vietnamese-style coffee).
It was such a hit. I served the latte in tall glasses, and as quickly as I poured it, the girls drank it. Sunny actually took to drinking it directly from the saucepan!
There’s definitely going to be a big pot of pumpkin spice latte on the table for Thanksgiving. If you try it, I bet it’ll be on your table as well.
1. Info for Pumpkin Spice Latte
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: 6
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Pumpkin Spice Latte
- 1 quart whole milk
- 1/2 cup espresso coffee
- 1/3 cup condensed milk
- 3/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (or almond extract)
- 1/2 cup pumpkin purée
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon powder, + extra for dusting
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg, freshly grated
- 1 clove, finely ground
- For the pumpkin spice mix: In a bowl, combine the cinnamon powder, ground ginger, nutmeg and clove.
- For the coffee: Brew your espresso coffee.
- For the cappuccino frothing: Add vanilla extract to 1-1/2 cups of milk if you like. Froth the milk. If you don’t own a cappuccino maker or frothing attachment to your espresso maker, check out the tip section .