I had half a tray of ice cubes left of my pistachio pesto and 2 beautiful eggplants. We had a very nice sunny day today in Northern California. I wanted to make something light and fresh. The roulés d’aubergines au chèvre are a good starter course.
1. Info for Roules d’Aubergines au Chevre (Goat Cheese Eggplant Rollups)
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: 6
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Roules d’Aubergines au Chevre (Goat Cheese Eggplant Rollups)
- 2 purple aubergines
- 5 g goat cheese
- 4 Tbs plain whole yogurt
- 2 Tbs Whole milk
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp white peppercorn, freshly ground
- 6 Tbs pistachio pesto
- 1 red bell pepper, charred, peeled, seeded
- 1 Tbs roast garlic puree
- 2 Tbs avocado oil
- 6 Tbs simple tomato sauce
- 2 drop Tabasco
- 2 Tbs capers
- 1/2 tsp peppercorns, freshly ground for sauce
- 6 Tbs lemon vinaigrette
- Slice the eggplants lengthwise in 5 pieces. Layer a cookie sheet o top of a cooling rack, then place the eggplant slices on top. Sprinkle salt and let sit for 1/2 hour. Pat dry with kitchen towel.
- Brush a hot griddle pan with oil. Drizzle oil on the eggplant slices, then place the slices on the griddler, cook until you get grill marks (about 4 minutes on each side). Remove from the heat and transfer on a plate. Let cool down.
- In a mixing bowl, soften the goat cheese with yogurt and milk. Season with garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Spread an even coat of the goat cheese mixture on each slice of grilled eggplant. Add another thin layer of pistachio pesto. Carefully roll up the eggplant tightly. Secure with a toothpick if the eggplant does not roll properly.
- In food processor, place sliced bell pepper (reserve a little for decoration at the end), garlic puree, avocado oil, tomato sauce and tabasco. Run the machine for about 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper.
- On a long serving platter, pour the bell pepper sauce then place each eggplant rollups, garnish with capers and the remaining sliced bell pepper. Finish with some vinaigrette.
- Bon appétit!