Puff pastry knots is the easiest and fastest way to get some appetizers ready right before dinner. I usually make these appetizers whenever I have leftover puff pastry dough. Nothing goes to waste!
I made cheese twists a few months ago and wanted to try out some new flavors. Half of the crowd at my home is vegetarian so I gathered some of my meatless pantry staples like soy bacon bits and horseradish mustard to please everyone.
1. Info for Soy Bacon Parmesan Puff Pastry Knots
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: 2
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Soy Bacon Parmesan Puff Pastry Knots
- 2 squares puff pastry dough, store bought
- 2 Tbs soy bacon bits
- 1/8 tsp sugar cane
- 2 Tbs parmesan, freshly shaved
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 Tbs horseradish mustard
- 2 Tbs butter, melted
- 1 tsp pink peppercorn, coarsely ground
- 2 tsp onion chives, finely snipped
- Preheat the oven to 375°F
- In a mortar & pestle, grind the soy bacon bits into fine powder.
- Finely chop all the parmesan shavings using a chef’s knife. Set aside.
- Make a 1/2-inch thick dough. Cut into 1/2-inc thick long strips. Roll into long cylinder with your hands like play-doh, one stick at a time.
- Brush all the sides of each puff pastry stick with butter. Coat with a very thin layer of mustard. Sprinkle with garlic powder and the sugar. Sprinkle all the soy bacon powder onto a baking board, then roll each stick into it. Create a knot for each stick. Sprinkle all the parmesan onto the baking board. Coat each knot with parmesan.
- Place a silicon mat or a sheet of parchment paper on a baking sheet. Place the knots onto the prepared baking sheet. Make sure to space the knots about 2 inches apart so that they don’t touch each other as they will expand when they puff.
- Bake the puff pastries for about 20 minutes until light golden, flip each pastry then cook for another 2 minutes. As soon as they’re cooked, sprinkle some onion chives so that they stick to the knots due to the hot butter. Transfer to a cooling rack.
- Serve warm.
- Bon appetit!