Living in a multicutural household, I love melding flavors on our plates. This evening, I had leftover tomato chutney and created mini blue cheese appetizers. How cute did they turn out?
The spiciness from the chutney against the richness from the cheese is always a hit. And if you prepare the chutney in advance (you could also use any store-bought chutneys mixed with a bit of tomato sauce), you can bake these adorable appetizers in no time.
My baby daughter, at only 28-months-old, is already the best sous-chef a mom could ever hope for. She helped me play and create disks of puff pastry. Baby’s always eager to learn new things. Cooking with your toddler is a great method to practice and learn new shapes.
1. Info for Tomato Chutney Appetizers with Blue Cheese
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: 36
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Tomato Chutney Appetizers with Blue Cheese
- 3 to 4 ounces blue cheese
- 1 cup tomato chutney
- 1 sheet puff pastry, cut into 36 (1-7/8-inch)-disks
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Remove the blue cheese from the refrigerator. Dice into 36 small pieces and let sit at room temperature.
- Using a 1-7/8-inch cutter, form 36 miniature puff pastry disks and place on 3 baking pans lined with parchment paper. Spread each disk with a layer of tomato chutney. Bake for 10 minutes at 375°F; lower the temperature to 350°F, open the oven and top with a thin slice of blue cheese. Close the oven and bake for another 2-3 minutes. Remove from the oven. Sprinkle with sea salt.
- It’s that easy. Serve immediately.
- Bon appétit!
4. Tips and advices:
- I used a strong blue cheese to counter-balance the spiciness from the sauce.