Company coming? Don’t just throw another shrimp on the barbe’ … fix these succulent shrimp appetizers that Chris Lilly, pitmaster at Big Bob Gibson’s in Birmingham, Alabama, developed and sampled on the Today show.
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Barbecue Bacon-Wrapped Shrimp with Basil Stuffing.
1. Info for Barbecue Bacon-Wrapped Shrimp with Basil Stuffing
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Total Time: 40 min
- Servings: 6
2. Ingredients for Barbecue Bacon-Wrapped Shrimp with Basil Stuffing
- 32 Fresh Shrimp In Shells, Or Frozen Shrimp
- 16 Slices Bacon, Cut In Half
- 32 Leaves Basil, Coarsely Chopped
- 2 Teaspoons Parmesan Cheese, Freshly Grated
- 2 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 3/4 To 1 Cup Barbecue Sauce
- Thaw shrimp, if frozen. Remove shells from shrimp, leaving tails. Butterfly each shrimp by cutting a slit along its back; remove vein. Rinse shrimp and pat dry with paper towels.
- For stuffing, combine basil, Parmesan cheese, and garlic in small bowl. Place stuffing in slits. Leaving tail exposed, wrap each shrimp with half-slice of bacon, tucking in ends.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Place shrimp on baking sheet with tails pointing up. Bake until shrimp turn opaque, about 14 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
- Dip shrimp into barbecue sauce and place on grill until sauce caramelizes or return to baking sheet and bake until sauce is caramelized, about 3 minutes.
- Recipe courtesy of Chris Lilly at Bib Bob Gibson’s www.bigbobgibson.com