Big chunks of salty feta cheese bake in a spinach- and chickpea-laced tomato sauce for the ultimate 20-minute Meatless Monday meal.
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Braised Chickpeas with Tomato, Spinach, and Feta.
1. Info for Braised Chickpeas with Tomato, Spinach, and Feta
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total Time: 20 min
- Servings: 5
- Calories: 430.09 kcal
2. Ingredients for Braised Chickpeas with Tomato, Spinach, and Feta
- 3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 5 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 5-ounce bag of baby spinach
- 1 24-ounce jar of marinara
- 1 can of whole peeled Roma tomatoes, roughly crushed
- kosher salt
- feta cheese
- crusty bread
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In an ovenproof skillet over medium heat, add 3 tablespoons olive oil and the garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes, making sure not to burn the garlic. Add in 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes and the spinach. Sauté until the spinach has wilted. Transfer spinach to a plate and set aside.
- Add the marinara to the skillet along with the whole tomatoes, chickpeas, kosher salt, and lemon zest and juice. Cook for 5 minutes until a simmer is reached. Remove from heat and set the pieces of feta cheese in the sauce.
- Place skillet in preheated oven and cook until the cheese softens, 8-10 minutes. Remove from oven and tuck spinach into sauce.
- Serve with additional crumbled feta, red pepper flakes, olive oil, and a nice crusty piece of bread.