With Valentine’s Day coming up soon, I thought I’d share with you an easy gourmet potato dish.
Sweet potatoes are roasted then added to pre-cooked Arborio rice. The finishing touch fot his risotto is a dollop of truffle butter. I recently discovered Thierry Farges’ Aux Délices des Bois brand of truffle butter at the Fancy Food Show, and it’s amazingly flavorful. You should definitely give this a try!
1. Info for Sweet Potato Risotto Recipe
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: 6
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Sweet Potato Risotto Recipe
- 3 sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons truffle butter (or regular butter)
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 3 cups Arborio rice
- 7 cups vegetable stock, warm
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon white pepper, freshly ground
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Peel and dice the sweet potatoes into 3-inch cubes. In a bowl, toss them in molasses, 1 teaspoon salt and 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Brush a baking sheet with olive oil. Place the sweet potato pieces without crowding them. Roast for 20-30 minutes, until slightly browned and softened.
- In a deep saucepan, sauté the minced garlic cloves in the remaining oil until golden. Add the onions and cumin and stir until light golden. Add the rice and 2 tablespoons butter. The butter should coat all the grains. Add 2 cups warm stock. Continue cooking over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- After bringing the liquid to a boil, add the cheddar cheese and lower the heat to medium-low; cook about 15 to 20 minutes. Season with salt. Check the liquid and periodically add ½ cup stock when all the previous liquid is absorbed. Let simmer for another 15 minutes.
- When the rice is almost cooked, add the roasted sweet potatoes and the rest of the butter. Adjust the seasoning with more salt (if necessary) and pepper. Let sit for about 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
- Bon appétit!
4. Tips and advices:
- It’s important to add the warm liquid in stages to ensure the softness of the rice.