At this time of the year I think I’ve reached the last crop of green beans to harvest from our garden. I simply steamed them and served them the healthy way. In addition to regular green beans, I bought fresh purple beans and wax beans to complete the dish.
I seasoned the steamed bean salad with a sauce that I concocted using green beans, sweet basil, almond powder and fruity olive oil. As a reminder of the sauce flavor, I garnished the salad with lightly toasted sliced almonds.
1. Info for Tri-Color Green Bean Salad Recipe
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: 8
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Tri-Color Green Bean Salad Recipe
- 6 ounces green beans
- 5 ounces purple beans
- 5 ounces wax beans
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- juice of half a lemon
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon orange blossom honey
- 1 tablespoon almond flour
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons basil leaves, tightly packed
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, freshly ground
- 3 tablespoons sliced almonds
- Wash the beans. Line the basket of a steamer with parchment paper and place the beans in it. Fill the steamer with a bit of water. Cover tightly. Bring the water to a boil and reduce the heat to medium-high. Cover and steam for about 5 minutes. Trim the ends of the beans. Cut the beans into 2-inch long pieces.
- For the sliced almonds: In a small pan, dry toast the sliced almonds for about 2 minutes until slightly golden. Transfer to a plate to prevent the nuts from turning more golden (or burning!). For the green bean sauce: In a blender (or a mini-food prep if you have one), dissolve the honey in lemon juice. Add the mustard, almond flour, basil, ¼ cup green beans,Parmesan cheese and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. You might want to add about 2 tablespoons (or more) of water for a smooth flow. Drizzle the sauce over the beans. Toss well. Sprinkle the toasted almonds. Serve at room temperature. Bon appétit!