Over the past few months, I’ve really enjoyed cooking with California Lavash breads. I particularly enjoy the delicious soft pizza lavash flatbread. It’s so versatile! Today, the California Lavash team came over and we cooked up a storm and took photos of our delicious creations.
My personal favorite was a cheese quesadilla filled with Brie cheese, walnuts and apples. It’s the ultimate quick and easy snack. I also think it would make a great packed lunch. You’ll l♥ve it! Brie just oozes when it melts, and the apples approach the texture of apple sauce. The balance of flavors is just perfect and the walnuts really add a nice contrast of texture. The pizza lavash we used is a wonderful canvas for the flavors packed inside.
1. Info for Vegetarian Quesadilla Recipe (Apple Brie Cheese Sandwich)
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: 8
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Vegetarian Quesadilla Recipe (Apple Brie Cheese Sandwich)
- 4 sheets pizza lavash bread
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard (optional)
- 1 Granny Smith apple
- ¼ Brie cheese wheel, at room temperature
- 2-½ tablespoons walnuts, coarsely chopped
- Preheat your panini press. I used the flat plate attachment (see tips).
- Cut the apple in half lengthwise. Core the apple and cut it into thin wedges.
- Cut the Brie cheese into 8 thin slices.
- Brush the flatbread with olive oil so the bread doesn’t stick to the griddle plates.
- Spread mustard on one side of the bread.
- Place one piece of bread (the one without mustard), oil side down onto the hot griddle plate. Layer the quesadilla with the apples, add 4 pieces of Brie and a sprinkle of walnuts. Close the sandwich with a second piece of bread with the mustard. Brush a little oil on the top of the flatbread and close the panini press; cook until the cheese is melted (about 3-4 minutes). Remove from the machine. Let the quesadilla cool a bit and cut the sandwich into quarters. (We wanted geometrical shapes so they’re kid-friendly and made round quesadilla using a circle cutter or simply sliced it using a bread knife)
- Serve with potato chips on the side.
- Bon appétit!