– 4 ounces 2% milk
– 2 ½ tablespoons half-and-half
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 2 ½ ounces good bourbon
– 4 teaspoons powdered sugar
– Ground nutmeg for garnish
– Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Pour in milk, half-and-half, vanilla, and bourbon. Then add powdered sugar.
– Close shaker and shake vigorously for 30 seconds.
– Strain cocktail into a coupe glass. Sprinkle top with freshly ground nutmeg.
While I would love to tell you this cocktail works well in large batches, it's just not the same. You need the ice to mix the sugar into the cocktail. So suck it up, do yourself a solid, and make this drink to order.