– 3 tablespoons sugar
– 1 ½ teaspoons lime zest (1 large lime)
– 1 ounce fresh lime juice
– 2 ounces premium silver tequila
– 2 ounces pomegranate juice
– ¾ ounce triple sec
– ¾ ounce simple syrup (plus more to taste)
– Lime wheel for garnish
– Lime wedge to rim glass
– In a small bowl, combine sugar and lime zest. Use your fingertips to rub the sugar and lime together to help release those citrus oils! Pour lime sugar onto a small plate and spread it out as wide as your cocktail glass.
– Cut a slit in the center of a lime wedge. Place the lime wedge on the glass and run it around the rim of the glass until coated. Set aside lime wedge and save it for your next glass.
– Dip the glass rim into lime sugar. Turn and press the glass into the sugar until the rim is well coated.
– Carefully scoop ice into the glass (so you don't knock off the sugar).
– Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add lime juice, tequila, pomegranate juice, triple sec, and simple syrup. Cover and shake well for 30 seconds.
– Strain the margarita into your serving glass. Garnish with a lime wheel.
For a Crowd: Combine 1 cup fresh lime juice, 2 cups tequila, 2 cups pomegranate juice, 3/4 cup triple sec, 3/4 cup simple syrup in a 2-quart pitcher Stir together, and then serve over ice. Makes 8 cocktails.