– ½ cup carrot peeled and diced into 1 inch
– ▢½ banana frozen, diced for smoother blending
– ▢1 cup pineapple chunks frozen
– ▢½ cup orange juice
– ▢½ inch fresh ginger peeled
– ▢¼ teaspoon ground turmeric
– ▢pinch of black pepper
– In a high powered blender, blend together the carrot, banana, pineapple, orange juice (add up to ¼ more orange juice, 1 tablespoon at a time if needed), ginger, turmeric and black pepper. Serve right away in one glass.
Also can add 1-2 tablespoons of any of these supplements:
– Hemp seeds
– Chia seeds – an excellent source of monounsaturated fats and to help fight inflammation. Chia seeds are also well loved around here in pudding!
– A few spinach leaves
– Almonds or almond butter
– 1-2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar – it’s fantastic for a “pop of flavor” like in this apple cider vinegar smoothie!