Almond pudding is not your average dessert. I came up with the recipe in an effort to make good use of the Tamarin speculoos spread I recently received and some left-over almond flour I ground after making frangipane apple tartlets.
To make the dessert, I mixed black sesame powder with almond milk. I used arrowroot starch as a thickener and added speculoos spread and agave nectar as the sweeteners. Arrowroot is a neutral ingredient and is very easy to digest.
It makes a great dessert, but my husband Lulu also loves it as breakfast (I thin it with more almond milk) or as a late-night snack. As an added bonus, this dessert is eggless, dairy fee and gluten free.
1. Info for Almond Pudding Recipe
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: 2
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Almond Pudding Recipe
- 6 tablespoons arrowroot starch (see tips)
- 3 tablespoons almond flour (see tips), finely ground
- 1 quart almond milk
- 2 tablespoons speculoos spread
- 1/3 cup agave nectar, to taste
- 2 teaspoons black sesame powder (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- In a bowl, dissolve the arrowroot starch and black sesame powder in about ½ cup of almond milk.
- On the stove, bring the remaining almond milk to a boil in a deep sauce pan. Pour the milk over the arrowroot and sesame liquid. Stir well and transfer back to the sauce pan. Bring the liquid back to a boil and immediately lower the heat to low, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon to prevent the mixture from sticking to the bottom. Cook until the pudding thickens.
- Turn off the heat. Add the speculoos spread, agave nectar, almond flour and salt. Using a handheld mixer, whisk until smooth.
- Place the almond pudding in cups. You could serve warm or let cool completely and chill in the refrigerator. If so, when the cream is cool completely, cover with a piece of plastic wrap; make sure the plastic wrap is in directly contact with the pudding to keep it from forming a skin.
- If you want to serve the pudding as a drink, thin it with more almond milk.
- Serve warm or chilled.
- Bon appétit!