Baking can never go wrong as long as you follow a few simple rules: use the best quality ingredients, carefully measure accurate quantities and bake at the correct temperature and cooking time. Sunny, my 18-year-old sister-in-law, has made her signature cookie pie so many times, I bet she could prepare this with her eyes closed. She keeps everything very simple using quality butter, organic brown eggs, unbleached flour, pure vanilla extract, Ghirardelli semi-sweet chocolate and unsulfured, blackstrap molasses (the dark, viscous kind has the highest possible extraction of sugar from raw sugar cane).
Speaking completely objectively on the subject , this is the best cookie pie ever made. We were lucky Sunny prepared 4 batches for our family brunch this weekend. The freshly baked goods were so scrumptious: sinfully rich and soft with gooey pockets of melt-y chocolate. True perfection!
1. Info for Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: 2
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe
- 2¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1¼ teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1¼ tablespoons pure vanilla sugar
- 16 tablespoons diced unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3 whole eggs, at room temperature
- 2½ tablespoons unsulfured molasses
- 1¾ cups mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Line 2 (9-inch) pie dishes with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Sift the dry ingredients.
- In a food processor, combine the sugar with the molasses. Pulse until moist. Add the butter and mix until smooth and shiny. Add one egg at a time and mix until fully combined; add the vanilla extract and mix until even distributed. Add the dry ingredients in 3 batches and mix until evenly distributed. Transfer to a mixing bowl. Add the chocolate chips. Mix well.
- DIvide the cookie dough in half and pour into the pie dishes. Even out the top with a spreader and place into the hot oven. Loosely cover with a sheet of parchment paper (to prevent the top from browning too quickly). Lower the temperature to 350°F and bake for 30 minutes, rotating them half-way through so they bake evenly. A knife or a toothpick inserted into a cookie pie should come out clean. Remove from the oven. ransfer the cookie pies to a cooling rack. Allow to cool for at least 30 minutes.
- Serve with a nice hot tea.
- Bon appétit!
4. Tips and advices:
- The cookie pie tastes even better the next day. You can store the baked cookie pies in an airtight metal tin for up to 3-4 days to keep them fresh. Ours never last that long!