This salad is made with avocado, mâche, walnuts, deep-fried tofu, juicy tomatoes and hearts of palm. The dressing is very minimal; a drizzle of white balsamic vinegar, avocado oil and salt and pepper completes the salad.
What better way is there to start a meal than with a healthy and tasty salad?
1. Info for Avocado Tomato Salad (Light Salad Recipe)
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: 6
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Avocado Tomato Salad (Light Salad Recipe)
- 1 Haas avocado
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 6 ounces deep-fried tofu, cut into 1″-pieces
- 4 hearts of palm, quartered lengthwise
- 2 ripe grape tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 dozen Calabrese green olives
- 3½ tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 (4-ounce) package mâche (see tips)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper, freshly cracked
- Pickling the shallot: In a jar, combine the honey, 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Mix well. Add the shallot. Toss well and chill in the refrigerator for at least 10 minutes. Note: The longer you wait, the milder it tastes. You can keep it for up to 1 week in the refrigerator. Prepping the avocado: Slice the avocado in half, remove the pit. Using a mandoline or a sharp chef’s knife, slice the avocado into thick ribbons for a pretty presentation. Transfer to a plate, removing the peel from each slice (that way the avocado isn’t mushy). Cut the slices in half, lengthwise. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon vinegar to avoid oxidation.
- Place the greens, hearts of palm, tomatoes, tofu, olives and pickled shallot on a serving platter. Drizzle with the remaining vinegar and avocado oil. Top with 2-3 avocado slices at a time, fanning them. Sprinkle with chopped walnuts. Season with salt and pepper. Lightly toss without crushing the avocado slices too much.
- Serve at room temperature.
- Bon appétit!