When we first got married I had a lot free time, but ever since Aria came into our lives, I’m not able to be as attentive to Lulu and have decreased the number of romantic gestures I make. So this weekend I brought him breakfast in bed.
I made little blackberry muffins and baked them in heart-shaped molds. Lulu greatly appreciated them but he made one remark I found amusing. He thought the blackberries made it look like the hearts were "bleeding". He teased me and said "Is there a hidden message here?"
1. Info for Blackberry Muffin Recipe
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: 6
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Blackberry Muffin Recipe
- 4 ounces fresh blackberries
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1½ tablespoons almond paste
- ¾ tablespoon baking powder
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- ¼ cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a bowl, cream the butter and sugar. Add flour, baking powder and salt. Mix using the back of a fork (or a stainless-steel pastry blender) until it forms sandy crumbs of butter, sugar and flour. Add almond paste and vanilla extract. Slowly add the buttermilk and blend until it forms a barely wet mixture. Do NOT over-mix. Plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Spray the inside of a 6-cavity silicone heart mold with oil. Fill the molds with the mixture. Add 3 blackberries per mold.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake at 375°F for 18-20 minutes until golden. Allow to cool for 10 minutes. Delicately unmold the muffins. Transfer to individual serving plates and serve warm with hot Vietnamese coffee.
- Bon appétit!