Halloween is a few days away and I’ve been preparing little sweet treats in anticipation of the event. For breakfast, I baked bat-shaped chocolate wafers that I paired with sweetened yogurt and fresh figs from our garden. The result is divine; the crunch from the cookies balances out the smooth texture of the yogurt, and chocolate and figs work beautifully together.
I’m going to be baking a lot more scary-looking pastries until Halloween, including my witch’s fingers, funny-looking sunny side up eggs and ghost-shaped pancakes. If you have other suggestions, feel free to send me a message!
1. Info for Chocolate Bat Cookies (Halloween Breakfast Recipe)
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: 6
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Chocolate Bat Cookies (Halloween Breakfast Recipe)
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons potato flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 4½ cups vanilla-flavored yogurt or homemade yogurt
- ¼ cup sesame honey cashew nuts, coarsely chopped
- 6 figs, sliced lengthwise
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the egg with ½ cup of granulated sugar until pale; the texture of the egg yolk will be thicker. Add 2 teaspoons vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flours, baking powder, salt and cocoa powder. Sift the dry ingredients.
- Combine the egg mixture, dry ingredients and butter. Roll the dough out (about ½-inch thick). Using a bat-shape circle cutter, form the bat cookies. Sprinkle with cashew nuts and gently press.
- Line a baking pan with a silicone mat. Place the bat cookies and spread evenly.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 350°F until golden. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Transfer the cookies to cooling racks and let harden to room temperature.
- Line up 6 individual plates.
- Add 1 teaspoon vanilla to the yogurt. Mix well.
- Place a few tablespoons of yogurt on a plate. Cover with 2 chocolate cookies, then the freshly sliced figs. Add a second layer of yogurt and finish with chocolate cookies.
- Serve at room temperature.
- Bon appétit!