Please welcome Lynda from Taste Food Blog. Lynda is a Paris Cordon Bleu graduate. After her culinary journey all over Europe (France, Switzerland, Great Britain and Denmark), she came back to the US 17 years later with a Danish husband and two children.
I recently started following her blog. The photographs are stunning and I love her approach to classic French dishes, many of which I grew up eating. Today she’s sharing her chile chocolate flourless cake, especially for Valentine’s Day. Enjoy!
This month, I have the pleasure of guest-posting on Jackie’s wonderful blog, Pham Fatale. When I discovered Pham Fatale, it immediately resonated with me. It shares a similar love for feeding friends and family, while influenced by an international family and life. Jackie’s Vietnamese parents, Parisian upbringing and vegetarian, sweet-loving husband create a kaleidoscope of good eats which keep me coming back for more. And with Valentine’s Day fast approaching, I can’t think of a more perfect way to share a little blog (and chocolate) love with her readers than with this recipe.
Flourless chile-chocolate cake promises to add a little spice to your Valentine’s Day. Laced with chipotle, cayenne and cinnamon, this dense fudgy cake has a naughty kick of smoke and heat cloaked in chocolate that’s both surprising and exciting. Now that’s a Valentine’s cake.
1. Info for Flourless Chile Chocolate Cake Recipe
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: 1012
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Flourless Chile Chocolate Cake Recipe
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature, cut in pieces
- 3/4 pound semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne powder
- 2 teaspoons powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Butter a 9-inch springform pan. Line with parchment paper; butter the parchment.
- Melt the butter and chocolate in a double boiler over simmering water, stirring occasionally.
- Whisk eggs and sugar together in a large bowl. Add melted chocolate, vanilla, chili powder, cinnamon, salt and cayenne. Mix to combine. Pour into the springform pan.
- Bake until cake is set and top begins to crack, about 40 minutes. (The center will still be moist.) Cool completely on a rack. Remove the side of the pan.
- Note: Cake may be made up to one day in advance. Cover and refrigerate.
- Serve sprinkled with powder sugar.