For those of you who recently started following me on Instagram, you’ve probably noticed our family is traveling in Italy. We landed in Rome and took a train to Florence. We wake up early in the morning to start our sightseeing, visiting the most incredible places such as Palazzo Vecchio, Pitti Palace or the Duomo and going to the most fabulous restaurants. I also wanted to check out the Mercato Centrale where I bought Corona beans. They’re considered the "poor man’s meat" and have a very starchy texture. So when I prepared a simple, supersized bean salad, the beans gave incredible body to the salad.
I added marinated olives, artichoke hearts, freshly-made buffalo mozzarella cheese and loads of fresh sweet basil and parsley.
1. Info for Italian Corona Bean Salad Recipe
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: 6
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Italian Corona Bean Salad Recipe
- 1 pound Corona beans, drained
- 1 pound freshly-made buffalo mozzarella cheese, drained
- 4 cloves pickled garlic, finely minced
- 6 ounces artichoke hearts, coarsely chopped
- ⅓ cup marinated olives, freshly pitted
- ¼ cup sweet basil, coarsely chopped
- ⅓ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 sprig oregano
- 2 tablespoons basil leaves
- ½ cup flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- ¼ teaspoon red chili flakes (optional)
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper, freshly cracked
- 2 tablespoons balsamic glaze
- Seasoning the salad: In mortar and pestle, combine the basil, garlic, red chili flakes (if used) and salt. Grind into a thick paste. Add 3 tablespoons olive oil and black pepper.
- Cube the mozzarella.
- Place the Corona beans, artichoke hearts and mozzarella cheese cubes in a large serving bowl. Drizzle with the dressing. Mix well. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar and the remaining oil. Add the olives and parsley. Lightly toss.
- Serve at room temperature.
- Bon appétit!