We hosted a 5-course formal dinner last night, and for the main entree, I served a duo of filet mignon and pan-seared seabass. I previously marinated the sea bass in a combination of miso paste, lime juice, cumin, cayenne pepper and turmeric.
Seabass is such a delicate and exquisite fish that you don’t need to do anything extra. Just make sure to form an outer crust while pan-searing the fish and complete the cooking in the oven. It’s as simple as that!
1. Info for Miso Marinated Sea Bass Recipe
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: 6
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Miso Marinated Sea Bass Recipe
- 6 (6 to 8-ounce) medallions of sea bass, boneless
- 1 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon horseradish mustard
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon honey
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon white miso paste
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a bowl, dissolve the miso paste in lime juice. Add 2 teaspoons ginger garlic paste, all the spices and honey. Set aside.
- Clean and skin the sea bass. Pat dry using paper towels. Place the fish in a small, deep dish. Season with the spices, kosher salt and mustard. Spread the mixture all over the fish. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Remove the fish from the refrigerator and bring it back to room temperature. Remove the fish from the dish and pat dry one more time.
- In a non-stick pan that can be used in the oven, heat 2 tablespoons of oil and add 1 teaspoon ginger garlic paste. Cook for a minute until fragrant. Add the fish and sear it. Using a silicone brush, baste the fish with the marinade. Cook for about 5 minutes. Flip the fish using a large spatula. Cook for another 3 minutes.
- Immediately transfer to the oven. Spoon the remaining marinade over the fish and roast for 8-10 minutes. The marinade should be totally absorbed. Change the oven setting and broil for 2-3 more minutes.
- I served the fish on a bed of mashed rutabaga and sugar snap peas.
- Bon appétit!