This dessert might look complicated, but trust me, it took me all of 20 minutes tops to assemble it. It’s an egg-free, no-bake blueberry cheesecake. I still had a couple of jars of Meyer lemon marmalade from last season and I julienned the lemon rind to flavor the cheesecake and decorate it as well. The citrus provides a great balance of flavor.
This sort of cheesecake only requires a handful of ingredients, which includes quality lady finger cookies, mascarpone cheese, heavy cream, powdered sugar, a hint of tangy crème fraîche, fresh blueberries, Meyer lemon marmalade (or whatever you have on hand) and a combination of lecithin, xanthan gum and a bit of oil. That’s pretty much it.
1. Info for No Bake Blueberry Cheesecake Recipe (Egg Free Dessert)
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: 8
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for No Bake Blueberry Cheesecake Recipe (Egg Free Dessert)
- 1 (16-ounce) package mascarpone cheese, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons crème fraîche
- 2 cups heavy cream, cold
- 1¾ cups powdered sugar, to taste
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1½ teaspoons xanthan gum
- 1½ teaspoons liquid lecithin
- 1½ tablespoons lemon oil (or any neutral oil)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1½ package fresh blueberries
- ½ cup Meyer lemon marmalade, homemade (or any chunky preserves)
- 24 lady finger cookies (see tips), store-bought
- Reserve about 1 cup blueberries for garnish.
- In a blender, blend the rest of the blueberries. Add ½ cup powdered sugar and ¼ cup lemon marmalade. Pulse one more time. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the xanthan gum, liquid lecithin and lemon oil. Stir well.
- Whisk the mascarpone cheese to soften it. Add the blueberry and lemon purée, the xanthan gum and lecithin mixture, the rest of the sugar, lemon extract and vanilla extract. Mix well.
- Whip the heavy cream (at a low speed) for 2-3 minutes until creamy and smooth. Add ½ cup powdered sugar.
- Gently fold in the whipped cream in stages. This is to make sure that the mascarpone cheese incorporates evenly (the purple color should be uniform).
- Line 2 (4-½"-diameter) mini round non-stick spring-form pans with plastic wrap for easy un-molding. Cover the mold with lady finger cookies. You might need to adjust and level the length of the cookies, using a sharp bread knife.
- Place the cheesecake filling in a piping bag. Pipe or spoon the filling into the molds. Level the filling with a spatula. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for at least 2-3 hours, preferably overnight.
- Cut the reserved blueberries in half crosswise (you could also leave them whole but you’ll need double the amount of blueberries) and cover the top of the cheesecakes with the blueberries.
- Warm the rest of the marmalade and brush the fruit with it using a silicone brush.
- When you’re ready to serve, gently un-mold the cheesecake by running a knife around the inner wall of the mold. Place a large ribbon around the cheesecake and secure with sticky tape. Garnish with julienned Meyer lemon rind from the marmalade.
- Bon appétit!