The main reason I baked these muffins is that I had leftover crushed pineapple from our recent Vietnamese beef fondue party. The more romantic reason I tell my husband Lulu is that I’m always thinking about him and I want to please him all the time. Given his sweet tooth, Lulu always enjoys a hot cup of fruity white tea and a few sweet treats, so I think he’ll fall for it .
The muffins are flavored with pineapple, coconut and lemon chocolate chips.
1. Info for Pinapple Coconut Muffin Recipe
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: 18
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Pinapple Coconut Muffin Recipe
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup pineapple
- 4 ounces extra-virgin coconut oil (1 baking stick)
- 1 cup raw sugar (or granulated sugar)
- 1 teaspoon pure coconut extract
- ¼ cup unsweetened coconut shavings
- 3 tablespoons candied pineapple wedges, coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup lemon-flavored white chocolate chips (optional), quartered
- Coarsely chop the fresh pineapple (I used leftover crushed pineapple). Place in a blender and pulse until coarsely puréed. Gather about 1+ cup.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs with ½ cup sugar using an electric mixer until you have a pale yellow foam. Add the coconut extract.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder. Sift all the dry ingredients.
- In another bowl, mix the coconut oil with the remaining sugar.
- Add the dry ingredients to the egg mixture. Mix well. Add the coconut oil mixture, milk and pineapple purée. Add the coconut shavings and candied pineapple. Using a spatula, mix well.
- Place the baking cup liners onto a baking pan and divide the batter evenly among them. Top with the lemon chocolate chips
- Bake for 10 minutes at 375°F, then lower the temperature to 350°F and bake for another 30-40 minutes until fully cooked.
- Remove from the oven. Allow to cool completely.
- Bon appétit!