If you want to have a healthy late night snack, these savory pizza lavash crackers are for sure going to satisfy your appetite. Leftover lavash bread, thick tomato sauce, marjoram, thyme, oregano, crushed red peppers and Parmesan cheese are all you need to make the perfect crowd pleaser.
The spiciness from the crushed red peppers makes them so addictive. You can also prepare a sweet version with apples and cinnamon, if you prefer; these crackers are as delicious as their savory equivalent.
1. Info for Pizza Cracker Recipe
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: 8
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Pizza Cracker Recipe
- 4 sheets leftover lavash flat bread
- 3 tablespoons dried marjoram
- 3 tablespoons dried oregano
- 3 tablespoons dried thyme
- 4 teaspoons turbinado raw sugar (or granulated sugar), to taste
- 2 tablespoons crushed red peppers
- 1 (3-inch) chunk Parmesan cheese, rind removed
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Coarsely chop the Parmesan chunk and blend it into a fine powder in a food processor. Set aside.
- Place a sheet of lavash flat bread on a flat surface. Cover with a thin layer of tomato sauce. Using a medium-mesh strainer, sprinkle with the sugar. Then, sprinkle the dried herbs, crushed red peppers and Parmesan cheese.
- Using kitchen shears, snip into 3½” squares. A pizza wheel would work fine too.
- Transfer to several non-stick baking pans (or line them with parchment paper). Bake for 10-12 minutes until the flatbread is slightly golden and slightly hardened. Remove from the oven and let cool until firm.
- Bon appétit!
4. Tips and advices:
- For optimum results, if using homemade tomato sauce, try to use the San Marzano tomato variety. They’re the best paste tomatoes for making sauces, so the crackers won’t turn into a soggy mess.