I think if he could, my husband would drink pumpkin pie. He already inhales it every Thanksgiving! So this pumpkin protein drink is about as close as it gets to making his dreams come true. It’s an ultra easy breakfast to make when you’re on the go, and it’ll get you in the mood for the soon-to-be holiday season.
The drink is packed with vitamins, protein (I added soy protein) and calcium, making it markedly healthier than the real deal, and perfect for vegetarians like my husband Lulu.
1. Info for Pumpkin Protein Drink Recipe
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: 4
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Pumpkin Protein Drink Recipe
- ½ cup evaporated milk
- 3 cups vanilla soy milk, as needed
- 1/3 cup frozen homemade pumpkin purée
- 1 banana, ripe
- 1-½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice mix
- 1 (1-ounce) package vanilla soy protein powder
- ½ cup agave nectar, as needed
- Whip the evaporated milk; it will give the drink a thicker consistency. Combine the evaporated milk, 1 cup soy milk, the banana, frozen pumpkin purée, vanilla soy protein powder, ice cubes and vanilla extract in a blender. Blend all the ingredients for about 2 minutes. While the mixture is blending, add the remaining vanilla soy milk and the sweetener of your choice (I used agave nectar). The consistency of the drink should be thick but still easy to drink. Enjoy!