This luxurious truffle sauce is a great accompaniment to most meat dishes. I recently paired it with a brace of duck and pheasant. Enjoy!
1. Info for Green Peppercorn Truffle Sauce
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: 4
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Green Peppercorn Truffle Sauce
- 3 Tbs truffle butter
- 1 whole shallot, finely minced
- 1 Tbs cornstarch
- 1 Tbs all purpose flour
- 1 Tbs tomato paste
- 2 cups veal stock, (1 can)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp fleur de sel
- 1/8 tsp green peppercorns, freshly ground
- 2 tsp whole green peppercorns
- Use the same pan you brown your meat in. Over medium high heat, add the butter (it should be melted), then add the shallot and cook until slightly golden. Add the flour and cornstarch. Keep stirring with a whisk for approximately 3 minutes. The flour should absorb the butter instantly and form a thick mixture. Add the tomato paste to this. Add the veal stock in 3 stages. Increase the heat while constantly stirring for about 5 minutes. Reduce the heat to low. Add salt, ground pepper and gren peppercorns. Finish the sauce with heavy cream. Store in thermos to keep warm until ready to serve à la Alton Brown.
4. Tips and advices:
- I especially went to the San Francisco Farmer’s Market at the Ferry Building this weekend to buy the delicious truffle butter. You can totally substitute with butter and add cremini or chanterelle mushrooms.
- For a vegetarian version, substitute the veal stock with a vegetable broth.