I’m trying to get everyone healthier so I opted for a light meal today. I decided to make a lima beans leek tartelette served with a green salad. Leeks are a nice substitute for onions and lima beans are a great source of protein. They are full of magnesium which helps control hypertension and prevent cardiovascular disease and contain folate which helps your body defend against cancer.
1. Info for Lima Beans Leek Quiche
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: 8
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Lima Beans Leek Quiche
- 8 squares pie crust dough
- 2 whole eggs, yolks and egg whites, seperated
- 200 ml heavy cram
- 1/4 tsp fleur de sel
- 1/4 tsp white peppercorns, freshly ground
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg, freshly grated
- 1 Tbs butter, for mold and sauteeing the veggies
- 300 g baby lima beans
- 1 shallot, finely minced
- 150 g baby leeks, (green part), thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, finely grated
- 50 g soy bacon bits
- 1 Tbs coriander, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 375°F
- Butter, then flour each mini tart pan. Place the pie crust in each mold, and then following the curve of the mold, crimp the dough against the edge. Leave a little excess above the edge because the dough will settle a bit in the oven. Dock the dough (make hole using a fork). Line each mold with a disk of parchment paper. Refrigerate for about 15 minutes.
- Get the pie pans out of the refrigerator. Fill each mold with pie weights or dry beans so that no air bubbles get trapped underneath the dough while cooking. Place the mini pie molds in the oven for 12 minutes. I used the convection mode so you might extend the time by 3 minutes if using a traditional oven. Remove the parchment paper, then bake for another 3 minutes so the pie crust can dry. Remove from the heat and let the dough cool down.
- In a saute pan, add oil, then add the shallot and leeks and stir until golden. Add the remaining butter from greasing the molds, then add the soy bits and lima beans. Keep stirring and let the vegetables cook for another 8 minutes. Transfer into a plate and let cool down.
- In a bowl, Whisk the egg yolks into pale color, then add honey. Once the honey is incorporated, add the egg whites, the cream, coriander and the spices. Set aside.
- Place the vegetables evenly in each molds, then fill them with the egg mixture. Place in the oven then bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve warm or cold with a green salad.
- Bon appétit!