Little Aria is not very picky when it comes to eating meat. As long as it’s tender, boneless and juicy, she’s always up for joining me and sharing the meal. Today I prepared thinly-sliced marinated rib-eye steaks and simply cook them on the grill. We enjoyed them with brown rice, bean sprout pickles and kimchi but they would also make a wonderful filling for a sandwich.
First I prepared a basic marinade made from chopped onion, garlic powder, green onions, honey, a bit of cooking wine, Worcestershire sauce and freshly grated green papaya. You can use the same marinade for other types of meat; it will be incredibly flavorful and juicy.
1. Info for Marinated Rib-Eye Steak Recipe
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: 4
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Marinated Rib-Eye Steak Recipe
- 2 pounds boneless beef (rib-eye steaks), thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons papaya paste (see tips)
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon red chili powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- ¾ cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoons cooking wine
- 2 teaspoons Kosher salt (or regular salt)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 5 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- ½ yellow onion, cut into small wedges
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- Pat the beef dry using paper towels. Make sure it’s thinly sliced.
- In a bowl, combine the beef, red chili powder, baking powder and papaya paste. Mix well. Let sit for 10 minutes. Add the rest of the ingredients, including 1 tablespoon oil.
- Pat the meat dry one more time using paper towels. Season with a bit of salt.
- Heat a grill pan. Add 2 tablespoons of oil. Place the beef and cook on high heat for about 2-3 minutes until all the meat starts changing color. Flip the meat and season with a bit more salt. Sprinkle with black pepper. Transfer to a serving bowl.
- Bon appétit!