Chocolate and kiwi are two of my favorite flavors. When combined, they enhance one another, creating subtleties that cannot be found in either ingredient on its own. In the past I’ve used them in cakes and other desserts, and today I thought it would be fun to use the combo as a crepe filling.
The chocolate part of the equation is satisfied by the French mainstay Nutella. Nutella, in case you don’t know, is a chocolate hazelnut spread. I wasn’t sure at first how the hazelnuts would play with kiwi, but after tasting the finished product, I can’t imagine it any other way!
1. Info for Nutella Crepes with Kiwi
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 35 mins
- Servings: 10
- Calories: 270
2. Ingredients for Nutella Crepes with Kiwi
- 10 crêpes
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 jar Nutella
- 15 golden kiwis
- Place your crêpe pan (or any flat pan) over medium heat. Grease it with a little butter using a silicone brush. Re-heat the crêpe in the pan for a minute. Lower the heat and flip the crêpe. Spread with 1 tablespoon Nutella. Cover with a lid and cook over low heat for about 2 more minutes, so the other side is golden.
- Transfer to an individual serving dessert plate.
- Peel and slice the kiwis. Lay out 1-½ kiwis over one half of the crêpe filled with Nutella.
- For easy spreading, heat some of the Nutella in the microwave (or in a water-bath in a saucepan) for about 2 minutes, so it’s warm.
- Drizzle the kiwis with the warm Nutella. Fold the crêpe in half.
- Repeat until all the ingredients are used.
- Serve immediately.
- Bon appétit!