I had some extra puff pastry dough from yesterday’s apple pies, so we decided to make some pre-dinner appetizers to whet the whole family’s appetite. It’s a crowd-pleasing, ultra-easy recipe that looks and tastes like you spent hours in the kitchen. It is sure to become one of your staples.
1. Info for Parmesan Puff Pastry Cheese Twists
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: 6
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Parmesan Puff Pastry Cheese Twists
- 4 squares puff pastry, store bought
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper, to taste
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp fleur de sel
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/3 cup parmesan , freshly grated
- 1/3 cup sharp cheddar, freshly grated
- 1 Tbs aged asiago cheese, shaved
- 3 Tbs butter, melted
- 1 tsp pink & green peppercorn medley, coarsely ground
- Preheat the oven to 375°F
- In a mortar & pestle, grind all the spices together.
- Thin the dough a little bit with a rolling pin in one direction to get a consistent thickness while elongating the puff pastry into a rectangle (about 10 by 14 inches).
- Using a fluted pastry wheel, cut the dough squares in four, about 1 1/4-inch by 14 inch rectangular sticks . Brush both sides of each piece with butter, then sprinkle the mixed spices and all the cheeses as well.
- Place a sheet of parchment paper on a baking sheet. Twist each of the dough pieces 2 to 3 times, then place them on the sheet.
- Bake the puff pastries for about 15 minutes until light golden, flip each pastry then cook for another 2-3 minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack.
- Serve warm.
- Bon appetit!