I adore roasted vegetables. Not only are they really tasty, but it takes very little effort to make them. The trouble is, I get bored with the same food prepared the same way over and over. This month, when I received my shipment from Devo Olive Oil and tasted the Peach Balsamic Vinegar, I knew I wanted to pair it with a vegetable.
If you are one of those folks, like my husband, who does not like warm fruit with savory things, I am afraid this recipe is not for you. I hope to see you on my next post. However, if you are still around, this is a unique treatment for roasted broccoli or any vegetable for that matter.
I roasted some peaches right in with the broccoli florets. They added a bit more sweet flavor to the dish. The sauce is butter, peach puree, garlic, peach balsamic vinegar and an optional sprinkling of herbs. Wowza! What a zippy sauce to end my broccoli boredom.
1. Info for Roasted Broccoli and Peaches with Peach Balsamic Sauce
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: unavailable
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Roasted Broccoli and Peaches with Peach Balsamic Sauce
- 3 broccoli crowns (not whole heads, but the big trimmed pieces)
- 3 peaches
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 tsp honey
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Trim and clean the broccoli.
- Cut it into florets.
- Peel and slice two peaches.
- Place broccoli and peaches on pan and gently toss with oil.
- Roast broccoli for 20 minutes in oven.
- Meanwhile, peel and puree remaining peach.
- Saute garlic in butter.
- Add salt, vinegar, honey, peach puree, cayenne and herbs.
- Reduce heat and simmer until the sauce thickens.
- Serve vegetables with sauce drizzled on top.