Years ago, when I was hitting the library each week for new cookbooks to read, I found a recipe for Cheesy Potatoes in Down Home with the Neely’s that I copied and started making. It was divine. Over the years, I have adapted it to fit my cooking style and this is what it is today.
1. Info for Scalloped Potatoes
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: unavailable
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Scalloped Potatoes
- 9 medium russet potatoes, cleaned, peeling is optional
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 3 Tbsp gluten free flour (or all purpose)
- 4-6 cups shredded cheese (try two kinds, like cheddar and blue or fontina or jack)
- 1 12 oz can evaporated milk
- 1½ tsp salt, divided
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- Take the 1 Tbsp butter and smear it all over the inside of a 9X13 pan.
- Slice 3 potatoes thinly and put them in the bottom of the pan, overlapping them to completely cover the pan.
- Sprinkle 1 Tbsp flour all over the potatoes.
- Sprinkle 2 cups cheese over the flour.
- Sprinkle with ½ tsp salt and ¼ tsp pepper.
- Repeat the same process two more times, ending up with three layers of potatoes and cheese.
- Pour the can of milk all over the potatoes.
- Sprinkle with the thyme.
- Cover the pan tightly with foil.
- Bake at 375 for 90 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake 10 more minutes to slightly brown the top cheese.