Now that we have moved to the Seattle area, football play-offs are much more exciting. We have kept track of more than one favorite team (yes, we are a house divided) and are looking forward to the Big Game at the beginning of February. It is no secret that I love making warm dips to eat while we watch sports. This new one is for the kid in all of us: SpaghettiOs Dip.
Growing up, my mom made mostly homemade food. I took my own lunch to school and that often included a little thermos that was filled with leftover casseroles. Once in a while, Mom would send a real treat: SpaghettiOs. I don’t know how she managed to get that thermos warm and but, it was always still the right temperature by the time lunch rolled around. I loved it.
Obviously, I was unable to eat this dip myself because of the pasta and other gluten ingredients. My family was never more thankful that they didn’t have to share than while they were inhaling this dip. Everyone of them gave it two thumbs up while they attempted to tell me, with their mouths full, how good it tasted.
1. Info for SpaghettiO’s Dip
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: unavailable
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for SpaghettiO’s Dip
- 15 oz can SpaghettiOs
- 1 8oz cream cheese
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- ⅛ tsp ground pepper
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- In a bowl, cream the cream cheese and seasonings.
- Stir in the can of SpaghettiOs.
- Spread in a 9×9 glass baking dish.
- Top with shredded cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until melted and bubbly.
- Serve with chips or crackers.