If you need a last minute dish to take, serve or eat, this Black Bean Salad is just the ticket. Made with mostly pantry staples, it’s a quick fix and a real crowd pleaser.
We had a hum-dinger of a wind storm last weekend. Over 160,000 homes were without power on Sunday. There were trees down everywhere. Needless to say, it was the kind of day that made me wish for summer sun and gentle breezes! This salad is perfect with grilled chicken at a picnic. Luckily, it’s also great with enchiladas in the cold spring! Most of the ingredients are things I have on hand all year long. A few things need to be picked up from the produce section, but compared to most salads, the list is tiny.
This salad gets better if you let it sit a little while in the fridge. If time will allow, try to make it up early in the day. Your taste buds will thank you.
1. Info for Black Bean Salad
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: unavailable
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Black Bean Salad
- 2 cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can diced tomatoes, drained well
- 16 oz frozen corn, rinsed with warm water to quick thaw and remove any ice crystals
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 3 Tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- ⅔ cups bottled oil and vinegar dressing
- 2 small limes, juiced
- In a large bowl, combine the beans, tomatoes, corn, pepper, green onions and cilantro.
- In a small bowl, combine salt, dressing, lime juice and cumin.
- Pour dressing mixture over bean mixture.