Sweet Potato Bacon Quinoa Skillet is full of vegetables, yummy bacon and a unique blend of spice.
Sometimes when we have people over for dinner, I make food that my own family chooses. Other times, I cater to the guests. For instance, when my father comes to town, I try not to make fish and I use chicken breasts instead of thighs because he doesn’t like poultry dark meat pieces. When I have families with little children over, I tend to make kid friendly dishes like homemade macaroni and cheese. This quinoa skillet came about when I had a group of four young ladies over for dinner. I knew they loved vegetables and two were gluten-free like me.
1. Info for Sweet Potato Bacon Quinoa Skillet Dinner
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: unavailable
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Sweet Potato Bacon Quinoa Skillet Dinner
- 1½ cups quinoa
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, roasted, peeled and cubed
- 8 oz bacon, chopped and cooked until crispy
- 10 frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 3 ribs celery, chopped
- 1½ tsp Moroccan seasoning blend
- 1 tsp salt
- In a large skillet, cook the onion, bell pepper and celery in the olive oil until vegetables are soft.
- Add the quinoa and chicken broth, bring to a boil, cover and cook according to package directions, about 20 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients.
- Heat through, stirring often so nothing sticks or burns.
4. Tips and advices:
- You can cook the bacon first and then remove the bacon, reserving 2 Tbsp bacon grease to cook the vegetables instead of using olive oil.