Cupcakes are a convenient way to serve dessert when you have a large crowd to entertain, say for Thanksgiving. Instead of making traditional Thanksgiving pies, consider preparing cupcakes flavored with pumpkin and chocolate. I frosted these cupcakes with pumpkin buttercream and topped them with cute turkey-themed peel-&-press edible frosting stickers.
1. Info for Thanksgiving Cupcakes
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: 18
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Thanksgiving Cupcakes
- 1 egg, at room temperature
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1-½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 6 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1-½ cups canned pumpkin purée, (+ 1 tablespoon for frosting)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 18 turkey-themed peel-&-press edible frosting stickers
- ¼ cup Ticings naturally-colored white chocolate sprinkles (see tips), as needed
- 1-½ cups vanilla buttercream frosting (see tips)
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the egg with granulated sugar. You’ll get a pale yellow foam and the texture of the egg will be thicker. Add the fresh grated ginger.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, 3/4 teaspoon salt and baking powder. Sift all the dry ingredients.
- Cream 8 tablespoons of butter with the brown sugar (whisk using a stand-mixer to get as much air as possible into the butter). Add the egg mixture and the dry ingredients. Mix well. Add ¼ cup heavy cream and pumpkin purée.
- Place about 2-3 tablespoons of the pumpkin cake batter into each cup of a muffin pan. Plastic wrap the trays and place in the refrigerator for at least 15 minutes (or until you’re ready to bake).
- Remove the plastic wrap, bake the cupcakes for 5 minutes at 375°F, then lower the temperature to 350°F and bake for another 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely.
- Add the reserved tablespoon of pumpkin purée to the frosting. Put the frosting into a piping bag fitted with a round tip. Pipe immediately onto the cupcakes, starting with a circle around the cupcake and complete the circle. Even out the surface using a small spatula. Place the stickers and decorate with sprinkles around the stickers.
- Bon appétit!