A classic, comforting bread pudding is easily made without dairy or eggs. Even the pickiest eaters will love this recipe.
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Vegan Bread Pudding.
- Time: 1 hr
- Servings: 8
- Calories: 177.13 kcal
Ingredients for Vegan Bread Pudding
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 loaf day-old Italian bread (16-18 oz.)
- 2 cup almond milk (or cashew milk)
- 1/3 cup sugar (66 g)
- 2 Tbsp. nondairy buttery spread (melted)
- 1 Tbsp. ground flaxseeds
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- Pinch salt
- Powdered sugar (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Spray a 9-inch square baking dish liberally with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Cut the bread into 1-inch cubes and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the nut milk, sugar, buttery spread, flaxseeds, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and salt until combined. Add the bread cubes to bowl. Fold with a rubber spatula until the bread is thoroughly coated in the nut milk mixture.
- Transfer the soaked bread cubes to the prepared baking dish. Cover the dish with foil.
- Bake the bread pudding on middle rack of oven for 30 minutes.
- Carefully remove foil and continue baking until golden brown on top and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 15-20 minutes.
- Check to see that bread pudding is done. Remove from oven or add time as needed.
- If serving warm, allow bread pudding to cool for at least 15 minutes before plating. To serve cold, chill bread pudding in refrigerator for at least 2 hours. Dust with powdered sugar, if desired, immediately before serving.