I love yellow squash in casseroles, but most of them contain cream soup and cracker crumbs. I solved the issue by using sour cream, Swiss cheese and gluten-free potato chips. If you can find gluten-free sour cream and onion potato chips, than you are really going to rock this recipe.
1. Info for Yellow Squash Casserole: gluten free
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: unavailable
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Yellow Squash Casserole: gluten free
- 4 yellow squash (crooked neck or yellow zucchini), chopped
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 3 Tbsp bacon grease (or olive oil)
- 8 oz Swiss cheese, cubed or shredded)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- 2 cups potato chips, crushed and divided (I used 3 cups, but it was over-kill)
- Saute the squash and scallion in bacon fat in large skillet.
- Combine the egg, sour cream, cheese and parsley.
- Stir cheese mixture into squash with 1 cup chips.
- Spoon mixture into a 3 quart casserole dish.
- Top with remaining chips.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes or until bubbly.