An easy baked chicken gets a boost from fresh lemon, dill, and garlic in this Mediterranean-inspired dish. There is a generous amount of sauce produced during baking, which is perfect spooned over steamed rice or couscous.
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Baked Greek Chicken with Fresh Lemon and Dill.
1. Info for Baked Greek Chicken with Fresh Lemon and Dill
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Total Time: 40 min
- Servings: 4
- Calories: 793 kcal
2. Ingredients for Baked Greek Chicken with Fresh Lemon and Dill
- 4 garlic cloves
- 5 Tbsp. fresh dill (chopped, from 1 bunch)
- Juice from 2 lemons
- 8 chicken thighs (skin on, bone-in)
- 1/2 tsp. salt (for chicken)
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil (for chicken)
- 3 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil (for sauce)
- 1/4 tsp. salt (for sauce)
- fresh dill
Preheat the oven to 375°F.
Mince the garlic, chop the dill, and juice the lemons. Set ingredients aside. Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
Heat the oil in a large, ovenproof frying pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken skin side down and cook until deep golden brown, about 8 minutes. Meanwhile, make the sauce.
In a small bowl, combine the lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, half the chopped dill, and the salt. Set aside.
Turn chicken skin side up in frying pan. Reserve about 3 tablespoons of drippings in the pan and discard any extra. Stir lemon sauce and pour over chicken.
Bake the chicken on middle rack of oven until cooked through, and the thickest part registers 165°F on an instant-read thermometer, about 20 minutes.
Check to see that chicken is done. Remove from oven or add time as needed.
Scatter the dill sprigs over chicken. Serve chicken in the sauce, and the remaining chopped dill on the side.